Zoe Armstrong - PPD

Whilst being the most challenging piece of work so far, due to small time frames and lots of work, I have also thoroughly enjoyed this unit. The idea of creation and the creative element involved appealed to me and has given me a huge insight into the real world of business and what it takes to start a business.

In regards to the work I have completed, I feel pleased to have completed a full, somewhat legit/working business plan - something I hadn't thought I'd be capable of prior to the course. Starting a business after my studies appeals to me, and this unit and me has helped greatly in understanding exactly what that entails and how I can go about achieving this.

In regards to level of work and how I think I have achieved, unfortunately a running issue of mine is time-keeping, which once again let me down. Whilst I feel I have improved from previous units/terms, I still feel I could have achieved a greater level of which I'm more proud of having stuck to my initial deadlines I had planned for myself, however I am pleased I have been able to somewhat improve on this - due to the amount of work completed in the time frame. For future I now know I needed to be stricter on myself and my personal deadlines I have began to create for my work.

I particularly enjoyed coming up with a whole business, finding a gap in the market and seeing what I can do to fulfill that. I also in particular enjoyed the visually creative stuff - creation of the logo/visuals and video. It has enabled to confirm my interests and where I wish to take my future career after my studies have finished. Other elements I feel I have done well are the creation of marketing ideas/activities and concepts. Again, this appealed to me due to it having a creative nature as well as relying on coming up with ideas.

A weakness, and something I struggled with is the financial figures. I understand now more research was needed to make it easier to understand how the figures added up. I realise know that I should have learnt this from previous struggles with numbers and financial elements (in particular from FBM of this course), although this has enabled me to realise it’s something I need to deeply improve on for future success in a fashion business environment.

Another weakness from my work I feel is the slight lack of theories. Again, a common issue of mine is to be too descriptive rather than analytical. Again – whilst I feel I have improved this, looking back I still feel it could have been improved further through adding theoretical approaches rather than simply explaining my ideas.

Overall, I feel this unit, whilst slightly stressful, has been a pleasing end to my two years studying the course and has enabled me to feel excited about continuing my studies at London College of Fashion.







Word count: 501

No comments:

Post a Comment