Update 2: Idea finalisation & further research

Over this past week I completed further research in my ideas which enabled me the information to finalise my idea and what would be most suitable to complete.

The idea I have chosen is to do a new start-up business specalising in re-made/re-worked vintage - i.e vintage items that have been slightly modified to have a modern/current look.

My research found that many current vintage stores - including independent companies such as Blitz Vintage (in East London) and chain vintage stores such as Rokit an Cow provide a section/department within their stores of this 'reworked vintage', showing there is a market for it. (see below)



It was also found that vintage clothing is becoming increasingly popular within a youth market.

From this, I have realised I can now conduct primary research in the form of interviews to these existing companies to gain more of an idea of the customer, as well as questionnaires to potential customers to further understand who they are and what they would want from the brand/business.

Also this week, I began to conduct research on the external marketing/business environment (through the use of PESTEL) - again to develop more ideas and further understanding of where my business stands.

The main document of the project was created this week to give me an idea of the structure.

Plans for rest of the week:
- Finish PESTEL
- Finish customer information (pen portrait, customer profile etc)
- Start and finish perceptual/positioning map

No comments:

Post a Comment